Topics

GROW LIGHTS

Robin Cross

About 3 years ago I found some cheap grow lights right down the street from me.
They were put out a +20 over S9 at my station.  I live near the Church where we meet.
Again I am experiencing a similar signal signature.  It is worst on 40 Meters.
It comes and goes , so it must be on a timer.  It is over S9 currently.  If you are also experiencing this as well.,  then get in touch with me so we can hunt this
problem down.

Robin Cross
w0fen
RC Electronics LLC
ret CE KCUR, WNIU/WNIJ
816-356-0888 h
816-210-1340 c

DAVID HINKLEY

Mine was a street light. The subdivision put in cutesy old timey lights at the entrance to the neighborhood.   I isolated easily with a portable and the electrical contractor who put them in came out and we worked through it. Found a faulty start capacitor something or other and replaced it.  No more problems.

Dave Hinkley - KA0SOG
🇺🇸

On Sep 8, 2019, at 4:06 PM, Robin Cross <w0fenrobin@...> wrote:

About 3 years ago I found some cheap grow lights right down the street from me.
They were put out a +20 over S9 at my station.  I live near the Church where we meet.
Again I am experiencing a similar signal signature.  It is worst on 40 Meters.
It comes and goes , so it must be on a timer.  It is over S9 currently.  If you are also experiencing this as well.,  then get in touch with me so we can hunt this
problem down.

Robin Cross
w0fen
RC Electronics LLC
ret CE KCUR, WNIU/WNIJ
816-356-0888 h
816-210-1340 c

Ed Briley

Count me in on the hunt.

Ed kd0mei

On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 4:07 PM, Robin Cross
<w0fenrobin@...> wrote:
About 3 years ago I found some cheap grow lights right down the street from me.
They were put out a +20 over S9 at my station.  I live near the Church where we meet.
Again I am experiencing a similar signal signature.  It is worst on 40 Meters.
It comes and goes , so it must be on a timer.  It is over S9 currently.  If you are also experiencing this as well.,  then get in touch with me so we can hunt this
problem down.

Robin Cross
w0fen
RC Electronics LLC
ret CE KCUR, WNIU/WNIJ
816-356-0888 h
816-210-1340 c

Joel Grieshaber

I have a S12 noise

"Let Your Manner Of Life Be Worthy Of The Gospel Of Christ"  -  Paul

Joel
WØGMV
Raytown Amateur Radio Club
Jackson County A.R.E.S.