Topics

Donations to Club

Chris Baker

Greetings all, Please read this message to the end...

Kathy Lufcy WB0LFY has donated some of Steve's K0OU's equipment. As we do not really have a place to store equipment, we have decided to hold a silent auction at the next meeting for this gear.

At the August meeting, we will put the equipment on one of the back tables, each piece will have a "Bid" sheet associated with it. If you are interested, place your bid on the bid sheet, and at the end of the meeting, the highest bid on the sheet will win the gear. Winners will need to pay the Treasurer at that time.

I am attaching photos and comments on these here. I have not tested these items. I do not know if they work or not.

First item
Icom IC775DSP Good condition, has some cosmetic defects but overall looks to be in good shape

Inline image
Inline image

Second item MFJ Versa Tuner V - Fair condition - Front panel meter is loose, looks like it could use a little TLC

Inline image
Inline image

The last of Steve's items is a Yeasu FT-7100 - Rough shape, needs serious work. Looks like a mouse got to the power cable, Mic cord is completely disintegrating - could be a good project rig
Inline image
Inline image

One other item we will put out was donated to the club last year. We have been storing it in the cabinet at the church. I do not have pictures, nor the specifics, but it is a Kenwood Receiver (not an Xceiver) If memory serves it is a R-599, but I could be wrong about that. Again relying on memory, I think it is in pretty good shape.

I would like to propose that the funds raised by this auction go to the creation of a club award, named in honor of Steve. This award will be hung proudly in our new trailer. A nominating committee for this award will be established and recipients will have their name added to the plaque. We will have to figure out the details of course but this seems like a great way to honor Steve and others that make substantial contributions to this great club.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

73
Chris
W0CEB

Robin Cross

Edited

Actually,
There are TWO of the MFJ-989 Tuners.  I 'discovered' the second
antenna match while doing final cleanup of his Shack.

Robin Cross
w0fen
RC Electronics LLC
ret CE KCUR, WNIU/WNIJ

On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 8:19 AM Chris Baker via Groups.Io <w0ceb=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

All,
One of our members has asked that we hold off on the auction until the club has had a chance to discuss the disposition of the donations.

We will decide what we want to do at our next meeting.

Thanks
Chris
W0CEB

On Sunday, August 18, 2019, 10:25:47 AM CDT, Robin Cross <w0fenrobin@...> wrote:

[...]

Either way,   We MUST remove all the equipment from the Church
After the meeting.

Robin Cross
w0fen
RC Electronics LLC
ret CE KCUR, WNIU/WNIJ

On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 12:12 PM Chris Baker via Groups.Io <w0ceb=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Ed Briley

Edited

Good afternoon, Robin.  Missed you last night at Ice Cream Net.

Ed Briley KD0MEI Independence, MO

On Sunday, August 18, 2019, 12:52:48 PM CDT, Robin Cross <w0fenrobin@...> wrote:

[...]

Joel Grieshaber

Edited

Yap, hold off for I don't agree on the sale this radio
Need to keep it and sale the other two HF rig's instead.
If you what to sale something make it the two old HF rig's the club has.

And we will have a place to store it eventually.

"Let Your Manner Of Life Be Worthy Of The Gospel Of Christ"  -  Paul

Joel
WØGMV
Raytown Amateur Radio Club
Jackson County A.R.E.S.
(Amateur Radio Emergency Service)
Bike MS Motorcycle Coordinator
Patriot Guard Riders
Volunteering to Make A Differences

.........For God...........
So Loved The World
....He Made HAM's.....

On Sunday, August 18, 2019, 10:12:47 AM PDT, Chris Baker via Groups.Io <w0ceb@...> wrote:

[...]

DAVID HINKLEY

Hey Robin,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for helping Steve’s family with his shack.  I’ve done this before and I know it can be difficult especially when it’s s former friend or acquaintance.

Thanks for all you do for our club.

Dave Hinkley - KA0SOG
🇺🇸

On Aug 18, 2019, at 12:12 PM, Chris Baker via Groups.Io <w0ceb@...> wrote:

[...]

<IC775DSP Front.jpg>
<IC775DSP back.jpg>

Second item MFJ Versa Tuner V - Fair condition - Front panel meter is loose, looks like it could use a little TLC

<MFJ front.jpg>
<MFJ back.jpg>

The last of Steve's items is a Yeasu FT-7100 - Rough shape, needs serious work. Looks like a mouse got to the power cable, Mic cord is completely disintegrating - could be a good project rig
<FT-7100 All.jpg>
<FT-7100 back.jpg>

[...]

You're welcome..

Robin Cross