(TAB) Minor 2-5-1 Jazz Licks #1 #WesMontgomery #GeorgeBenson

samdols@...

Edited

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share 8th note swing feel minor 2-5-1 ideas. You will hear substitutions, enclosures and some signature bebop lines. I hope you find it helpful. Peace.

https://youtu.be/Wcyh5d_XoqA

jseaberry

Thank you very much!!!

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 6:30 PM <samdols@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share 8th note swing feel minor 2-5-1 ideas. You will hear substitutions, enclosures and some signature bebop lines. I hope you find it helpful. Peace.

https://youtu.be/Wcyh5d_XoqA

samdols@...

Great. I hope it’s helpful. Thanks

samdols@...

Edited

Just a quick tip over minor 2-5-1.

In a minor key, for example, in Dm key, Gm or BbMaj7 arpeggio are often played over Em7b5 which is iim7b5 and Bbm against A7 creating altered sound. Enclosure(chromatic patterns) will also create nice bebop sound. I hope you find it helpful. Chao!