Jazz Guitar Bebop Series #WesMontgomery #GeorgeBenson

samdols@...

Edited

Hi everyone,

Check this out. It’s going to be a great resource for bebop language.

Thanks,

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhps12wUVOq55lkNMphAAzf_TRn3baQPL

Tom Samarati

Hi,

Pretty cool.  I sharpened my jazz guitar skills decades ago with Jamey Abersold vinyl Lp records play alongs. This Penn Music system is sure a big teaching improvement.

Thanks for sharing.

Tom Samarati

On Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 10:34:20 PM PDT, samdols@... <samdols@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Check this out. It’s going to be a great resource for bebop language.

Thanks,

https://youtu.be/koEe5x0UWfo

samdols@...

 You actually have Jamey Abersold vinyl Lp records play alongs? wow. I didn’t even hear that exists. Excuse my ignorance. I am glad you enjoyed it. Stay tuned for more to come.

Thanks,

Tom Samarati

Hi,

Jamey Abersold Volume one was issued in the 1970's.  I have most of the issues up to around volume 100.

When CD's were produced I used several of them as backing tracks for solo guitar restaurant gigs.

Tom

On Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 06:17:20 PM PDT, <samdols@...> wrote:

 You actually have Jamey Abersold vinyl Lp records play alongs? wow. I didn’t even hear that exists. Excuse my ignorance. I am glad you enjoyed it. Stay tuned for more to come.

Thanks,

samdols@...

Edited

That sounds awesome. What was the first tune you ever learned back then? Just curious. I think mine was Back at The Chicken Shack. Jimmy Smith version is my favorite. Kenny Burrell on GT. Thank you for sharing.

P.M

Tom Samarati

Hi,

I took my first guitar lesson July 8, 1960.  I was 8 years old. Started off on the Alfred's guitar method. First tunes were American folk / cowboy classics. My first jazz guitar teacher got me going with the fake books.  Volume #1 back then was loaded with tunes from the 1920's to 1950's. I called it the Italian peasant wedding gig book. No offense there as I am a NYC born 2nd generation Italian peasant. My first jazz tune of block chords that I publicly performed solo?  Fly me to the moon.

Samarati

On Apr 22, 2020, at 7:39 PM, samdols@... wrote:

That sounds awesome. What was the first tune you ever learned back then? Just curious. I think mine was Back at The Chicken Shack. Jimmy Smith version is my favorite. Kenny Burrell on GT. Thank you for sharing.

Neil

samdols@...

Great story! Thanks for sharing that. I am sure there Italian peasant wedding gig book must’ve been as thick as a real book.