shooting in the city

Joseph Rome

I have found that my flats fail shooting early in the night with the low heavy humidity and the city lights.  Things get better later in the night shooting away from the horizon.  The image is not the best tryin things.  The next two nights will be bad so I will try and correct this image with the next try.

Joe
_._,_._,_

D Marcotte

I have had no luck with flats even after I bought a flat panel. A friend has the results. No idea why. I followed tutorials on the web. They would be very handy when I sometimes get dust on my sensor or a filter.

Don

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021, 7:10 AM Joseph Rome <romejoseph9@...> wrote:
I have found that my flats fail shooting early in the night with the low heavy humidity and the city lights.  Things get better later in the night shooting away from the horizon.  The image is not the best tryin things.  The next two nights will be bad so I will try and correct this image with the next try.

Joe

Joseph Rome

Hi Don, Yep, I am back to doing sky flats with the C6 with the Hyperstar setup.

Joe

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 12:14 PM D Marcotte <dmarcot@...> wrote:
I have had no luck with flats even after I bought a flat panel. A friend has the results. No idea why. I followed tutorials on the web. They would be very handy when I sometimes get dust on my sensor or a filter.

Don

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021, 7:10 AM Joseph Rome <romejoseph9@...> wrote:
I have found that my flats fail shooting early in the night with the low heavy humidity and the city lights.  Things get better later in the night shooting away from the horizon.  The image is not the best tryin things.  The next two nights will be bad so I will try and correct this image with the next try.

Joe

D Marcotte

C6? I don't know Celestron gear that well but isn't that several generations old?🙂 Golden oldie maybe!

Don

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 12:42 PM Joseph Rome <romejoseph9@...> wrote:
[...]

No, it is the latest 6" sct, it will accept a hyperstar.

Joe