New IRTS HAREC #StudyGuide is Now Available #StudyGuide #Licensing #Exam

Rafal EI6LA

After nine months of work of the core team of seven authors, editors, and illustrators, the National Short Wave Listeners Club are delighted to see the general release of the prepublication draft of the new IRTS HAREC Amateur Station Licence Study Guide.

Please download it from: irts.ie/guide

It is the 3rd edition of the IRTS work that started in 2006, from which it is differs in two ways. It serves the new exam syllabus introduced by ComReg earlier this year. However, instead of being mainly a collection of facts that must be learned to pass the exam, the new guide explains all the essential concepts in a sufficient level of detail to enable self-study. It is no longer only a supporting textbook for a taught course. The new guide has 385 pages, 33 tables, some 200 illustrations, and over 130,000 words.

We hope it will help many newcomers pass the exams and get on the air. It should also be of interest to experienced amateurs, who would like to catch up, for example, on SDR technology, or on antenna safety. And for those with a curious mind, there are over 400 footnotes providing extra explanations beyond the scope of the HAREC.

Please Help Review The Guide

To improve the quality, the editors would like to ask you to read it, and to share your comments. We need your constructive feedback. Corrections will be incorporated into a print-ready, final version, by late Spring next year. You can post your suggestions on this thread, or email Rafal EI6LA directly at raf@...Thank you in advance.

May I also thank my incredible team of Dave EI4BZ, Jerry EI6BT, Keith EI5KJ, Mike EI4HF, Robert EI9ILB, Simon EI7ALB, and all the NSWLC students who have suffered its 32 drafts, 2.0.1–2.0.9 & 3.0.1–3.0.23, and shared their priceless feedback.

Above all, whether younger or older, new to it, or well experienced, we hope you will enjoy learning about the magic of amateur radio!

Thank you, IRTS, for entrusting us with this work.
Rafal EI6LA

Join IRTS@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.