Great updated list of cancelled CPs, APPs, and stations

Patrick Martin

http://mesamike.org/radio/cdbs/dfac.mvc?sortby=qth&show=both

The above is a great site for deleted stations, apps, CP's and the like. This afternoon I went through some of the 1100+ listings. So many stations that are gone, I heard & QSL'd through the years. Many bring back a lot of memories on when I logged & QSL'd them, ones like KBRI-1570-Brinkley AR. For those that haven't seen the site there are a lot of stations and the date the license was cancelled. Not all are listed. I think a few fell through the cracks along the way, but a lot are.

Mike Westfall

That's my website, which I put together for fun several years ago while trying to learn an obscure database scripting language called Miva.

The list is regenerated every day from what's in the FCC CDBS database files, which seems to have info no earlier than 1980. Licenses/CPs cancelled before that aren't listed, and some listings don't have a status date.
--
Mike Westfall, N6KUY
"Mesa Mike"

On Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 8:00 PM Patrick Martin <mwdxer1@...> wrote:
http://mesamike.org/radio/cdbs/dfac.mvc?sortby=qth&show=both

The above is a great site for deleted stations, apps, CP's and the like. This afternoon I went through some of the 1100+ listings. So many stations that are gone, I heard & QSL'd through the years. Many bring back a lot of memories on when I logged & QSL'd them, ones like KBRI-1570-Brinkley AR. For those that haven't seen the site there are a lot of stations and the date the license was cancelled. Not all are listed. I think a few fell through the cracks along the way, but a lot are.

Steve Kamp

any Canadian equivalent?

On 06/10/2022 7:05 PM Mike Westfall <mwdx@...> wrote:

[...]

Great Mike. Fantastic info. It must take a lot of work to keep it
updated too. As time goes by, I am sure there will be a lot more
additions too. It seems AM's are dying like flies. So many has their
leases on the tower sites terminated. The 1520 Portland's site has
been sold to build houses. I had no idea how many stations did not
own the land the site. KSWB Seaside leases that property. Being Swamp
land, they may be safe. Both KKOR/KAST their sites are owned by the
stations. Thanks for all your work!

My DX Logbooks: http://mesamike.org/radio/dxlogbook/main.mvc?account=mikew