Islamic Crescenst Observation for the UK ICOUK@groups.io
Group DescriptionObservation experiences in the UK over past few years have suggested that it is possible to sight the Hilal on the UK horizon for a few months in a year (when the Hilal is in the Northern Hemisphere). However, adverse weather conditions can reduce the chances of a successful sighting. Therefore, it is important to have a large group of people making the attempt from different parts of the country so that if most of the country is cloudy, at least one part may make a successful sighting, Insha-Allah.
In order to co-ordinate the above Hilal observation attempts in the UK on a regular basis as well as to send out reminders, observation reports and discuss the relevant issues (e.g. the science and/or fiqh of moon sighting) this mailing list (ICOUK) has been set up.
Qamar Uddin, York (UK)
Group Moderator, 12 June 2018
(Yahoo Groups, 18 October 2008)
- 8 Members
- 4 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.