Topics

Yellow-billed Loon

Denise Hughes

Was found on the Hagerman CBC by Lauren Brock

https://ebird.org/checklist/S77763035

Jason Talbot

Both loons are present this morning at the same place Bell Rapids boat launch). It’s a little tricky with the fog but it’s burning off.

On Dec 20, 2020, at 5:27 PM, Denise Hughes <deniseh449@...> wrote:

Was found on the Hagerman CBC by Lauren Brock

https://ebird.org/checklist/S77763035

Bob Davis

Thanks for the update Jason.

On Dec 21, 2020, at 8:12 AM, Jason Talbot via groups.io <jason.talbot1@...> wrote:

Both loons are present this morning at the same place Bell Rapids boat launch). It’s a little tricky with the fog but it’s burning off.

On Dec 20, 2020, at 5:27 PM, Denise Hughes <deniseh449@...> wrote:

Was found on the Hagerman CBC by Lauren Brock

https://ebird.org/checklist/S77763035

Bob Davis

Both birds still present at 1330.

On Dec 21, 2020, at 08:17, Bob Davis <rhdavis@...> wrote:

Thanks for the update Jason.

On Dec 21, 2020, at 8:12 AM, Jason Talbot via groups.io <jason.talbot1@...> wrote:

Both loons are present this morning at the same place Bell Rapids boat launch). It’s a little tricky with the fog but it’s burning off.

On Dec 20, 2020, at 5:27 PM, Denise Hughes <deniseh449@...> wrote:

Was found on the Hagerman CBC by Lauren Brock

https://ebird.org/checklist/S77763035

Jay Carlisle

& again @ 230.  Took a few minutes for the 2 loons to appear far to the N

Thanks Lauren!  A long sought after state bird 😁

On Monday, December 21, 2020, 1:26 PM, Bob Davis <rhdavis@...> wrote:

Both birds still present at 1330.

On Dec 21, 2020, at 08:17, Bob Davis <rhdavis@...> wrote:

 Thanks for the update Jason.

On Dec 21, 2020, at 8:12 AM, Jason Talbot via groups.io <jason.talbot1@...> wrote:

Both loons are present this morning at the same place Bell Rapids boat launch). It’s a little tricky with the fog but it’s burning off.

On Dec 20, 2020, at 5:27 PM, Denise Hughes <deniseh449@...> wrote:

 Was found on the Hagerman CBC by Lauren Brock

https://ebird.org/checklist/S77763035

Larry Arnold <larnold47@...>

That was a rush!!

meeting Bob Davis and Terry, abt 1350 hrs, seeing both COLO and YBLO in same scope view, side-by-side, just hanging, no discernible interaction between them, N side of Bell rapids boat launch among so many fishers, oblivious to our excitement, lifer for Missy, apparently we just missed Jay at the alleged scene...  amazingly calm and room-temperature day on Rock #3....     Hagerman area winter birding rocks !!!!!

Thank you for initial find, Lauren, and sincere thx Denise for reporting on IBLE  =)   always  ~  ~   ~     ~

thence homeward to Winter Solstice and the Great Conjunction, shhhh, Jupiter and Saturn kissing, like seriously?  an 800-yr event ????   =)

Larry and Missy

Thanks Lauren!  A long sought after state bird \uD83D\uDE01

On Monday, December 21, 2020, 1:26 PM, Bob Davis <rhdavis@...> wrote:

Both birds still present at 1330.

On Dec 21, 2020, at 08:17, Bob Davis <rhdavis@...> wrote:

 Thanks for the update Jason.

On Dec 21, 2020, at 8:12 AM, Jason Talbot via groups.io <jason.talbot1@...> wrote:

Both loons are present this morning at the same place Bell Rapids boat launch). It’s a little tricky with the fog but it’s burning off.

On Dec 20, 2020, at 5:27 PM, Denise Hughes <deniseh449@...> wrote:

 Was found on the Hagerman CBC by Lauren Brock

https://ebird.org/checklist/S77763035

Jon Barnett

Did anyone find the Y-B Loon today?  I got tied up at work all day and couldn’t get away.  Looked like it was going to be windy there all day, and hope that didn’t affect the bird.  Thx…Jonathan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Thanks Lauren!  A long sought after state bird \uD83D\uDE01

On Monday, December 21, 2020, 1:26 PM, Bob Davis <rhdavis@...> wrote:

Both birds still present at 1330.

On Dec 21, 2020, at 08:17, Bob Davis <rhdavis@...> wrote:

 Thanks for the update Jason.

On Dec 21, 2020, at 8:12 AM, Jason Talbot via groups.io <jason.talbot1@...> wrote:

Both loons are present this morning at the same place Bell Rapids boat launch). It’s a little tricky with the fog but it’s burning off.

On Dec 20, 2020, at 5:27 PM, Denise Hughes <deniseh449@...> wrote:

 Was found on the Hagerman CBC by Lauren Brock

https://ebird.org/checklist/S77763035

Kathleen Cameron and others saw it today about 11:30 am

[...]

<9AF227C459CD48309D30D9899A9AC639.png>

Thanks Lauren!  A long sought after state bird \uD83D\uDE01

On Monday, December 21, 2020, 1:26 PM, Bob Davis <rhdavis@...> wrote:

Both birds still present at 1330.

On Dec 21, 2020, at 08:17, Bob Davis <rhdavis@...> wrote:

 Thanks for the update Jason.

On Dec 21, 2020, at 8:12 AM, Jason Talbot via groups.io <jason.talbot1@...> wrote:

Both loons are present this morning at the same place Bell Rapids boat launch). It’s a little tricky with the fog but it’s burning off.

On Dec 20, 2020, at 5:27 PM, Denise Hughes <deniseh449@...> wrote:

 Was found on the Hagerman CBC by Lauren Brock

https://ebird.org/checklist/S77763035

Jon Barnett

Great!  Except I’m so sorry I missed getting to see Kathleen!  Thank you for letting me know…have a great night, Jonathan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Thanks Lauren!  A long sought after state bird \uD83D\uDE01

On Monday, December 21, 2020, 1:26 PM, Bob Davis <rhdavis@...> wrote:

Both birds still present at 1330.

On Dec 21, 2020, at 08:17, Bob Davis <rhdavis@...> wrote:

 Thanks for the update Jason.

On Dec 21, 2020, at 8:12 AM, Jason Talbot via groups.io <jason.talbot1@...> wrote:

Both loons are present this morning at the same place Bell Rapids boat launch). It’s a little tricky with the fog but it’s burning off.

On Dec 20, 2020, at 5:27 PM, Denise Hughes <deniseh449@...> wrote:

 Was found on the Hagerman CBC by Lauren Brock

https://ebird.org/checklist/S77763035

Peter Olsoy

Both loons still present as of 9am today, south of the boat ramp.