White-throated Sparrow at Canyon Hill Cemetery in Caldwell

Aidan Lorenz

In case anyone is interested, Norman Eshoo found an adult White-throated Sparrow at the southeast end of the cemetery below the rim on Wednesday. The Lord allowed me to be able to relocate it yesterday at the same place. After an hour of waiting, I finally saw it foraging beneath the bird feeders on the far side of Mason Creek. The bird had a lighter brown body, a bold white supercilium, yellow lores, and a white throat. After 20 seconds or so, the bird flitted a few feet away to the south. A few minutes later, I heard it giving its high-pitched, slightly trilly "seet" calls. I will post photos on my checklist later today.

Have a great weekend!
--
Aidan Lorenz
Caldwell

Ken Miracle

I have never been to Canyon Hill Cemetery now I have a reason to go. I have been searching many days and hours for a White-throated Sparrow.

On Jan 22, 2021, at 9:35 AM, Aidan Lorenz <natureguy9039@...> wrote:

In case anyone is interested, Norman Eshoo found an adult White-throated Sparrow at the southeast end of the cemetery below the rim on Wednesday. The Lord allowed me to be able to relocate it yesterday at the same place. After an hour of waiting, I finally saw it foraging beneath the bird feeders on the far side of Mason Creek. The bird had a lighter brown body, a bold white supercilium, yellow lores, and a white throat. After 20 seconds or so, the bird flitted a few feet away to the south. A few minutes later, I heard it giving its high-pitched, slightly trilly "seet" calls. I will post photos on my checklist later today.

Have a great weekend!
--
Aidan Lorenz
Caldwell

Aidan Lorenz

Canyon Hill Cemetery is a great place to go birding, and is one of my favorites. :-)

Here is my checklist with a poor photo of the sparrow.

--
Aidan Lorenz
Caldwell