Topics

Trip for Tufted and Horned Puffins

Janet Phillips

Is anyone interested in going on a 3-hour tour boat this Thursday to see the several Tufted Puffins and 1 Horned Puffin around Smith Island off Fidalgo Island (Anacortes, WA)
They have been there since August 3rd and weather report is good. This is a whale tour company but they have a group of WA birders who want to go out (max. 8) for the puffins. You have to get to Seattle at least by Thursday a.m. and take ferries from Anacortes to San Juan Island for a departure of 3 p.m. on Thursday afternoon. Bill and I are leaving tomorrow but flying is an option. Reply by email if you want contact information for the tour company—Maya’s Legacy Whale Watching

Denise Hughes

I'd love to go but I can't get away from work.  Next year at this time though I'll be free as a bird.  :-)

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 1:02 PM Janet Phillips <janet.misty11@...> wrote:
Is anyone interested in going on a 3-hour tour boat this Thursday to see the several Tufted Puffins and 1 Horned Puffin around Smith Island off Fidalgo Island (Anacortes, WA)
They have been there since August 3rd and weather report is good.  This is a whale tour company but they have a group of WA birders who want to go out (max. 8) for the puffins. You have to get to Seattle at least by Thursday a.m. and take ferries from Anacortes to San Juan Island for a departure of 3 p.m. on Thursday afternoon.  Bill and I are leaving tomorrow but flying is an option.  Reply by email if you want contact information for the tour company—Maya’s Legacy Whale Watching

Janet Phillips

Sounds good!!  There are some advantages to growing older!!