Ted Trueblood yesterday

John Shortis

Hi birders,

Yesterday, Amy & I birded here, water level very low with substantial areas of mud.
Only duck species were Green-winged Teal (most numerous), Shoveler, and Mallard.
But most worthy of note was the presence of about 20 Long-billed Dowitchers, which is a trifle early so was flagged as a rarity for the time of year. The other big highlight was that in the fields by the approach road we counted at least 5 Short-eared Owls, certainly the most I've ever seen together.

John Shortis  

M Gregory

This is the Trueblood Wildlife Area near Grand View, I take it? I live in Mountain Home and drive that way often on the way to Murphy and the Owyhee County Museum. What's the best entrance way? I ask because I Think there are two marked entrances.
thanks
Alan Gregory

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 7:56 AM John Shortis via groups.io <john_shortis=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi birders,

Yesterday, Amy & I birded here, water level very low with substantial areas of mud.
Only duck species were Green-winged Teal (most numerous), Shoveler, and Mallard.
But most worthy of note was the presence of about 20 Long-billed Dowitchers, which is a trifle early so was flagged as a rarity for the time of year. The other big highlight was that in the fields by the approach road we counted at least 5 Short-eared Owls, certainly the most I've ever seen together.

John Shortis  

--

Alan C Gregory
Lt. Col., USAF, Ret.
Mountain Home, ID
Air Force Public Affairs Alumni Association, life member
Member, North American Butterfly Association

Denise Hughes

Take the entrance next to the pasture. Last year a pair of owls were seen in the pasture. 

Denise Hughes
Caldwell, Idaho

On Jan 21, 2021, at 9:14 AM, M Gregory <alanclarkg@...> wrote:

This is the Trueblood Wildlife Area near Grand View, I take it? I live in Mountain Home and drive that way often on the way to Murphy and the Owyhee County Museum. What's the best entrance way? I ask because I Think there are two marked entrances.
thanks
Alan Gregory

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 7:56 AM John Shortis via groups.io <john_shortis=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi birders,

John Shortis  

--

Alan C Gregory
Lt. Col., USAF, Ret.
Mountain Home, ID

R L ROWLAND RONALD ROWLAND

Best entry is the one marked with a blue Ted Trueblood Ln. sign, where Shaw Rd. (green st. sign) crosses the MH-Grandview hwy. Watch for the brown Ted Trueblood WMA sign. Takes you to the viewing platform/parking area overlooking the west end of the big pond.
CGB. RL 

----- Original Message -----
To: IBLE@groups.io
Sent: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 11:13:48 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [IBLE] Ted Trueblood yesterday

thanks
Alan Gregory

Hi birders,

John Shortis  

--

Alan C Gregory
Lt. Col., USAF, Ret.
Mountain Home, ID

M Gregory

thanks. will do

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 9:17 AM Denise Hughes <deniseh449@...> wrote:
Take the entrance next to the pasture. Last year a pair of owls were seen in the pasture. 

Denise Hughes
Caldwell, Idaho

On Jan 21, 2021, at 9:14 AM, M Gregory <alanclarkg@...> wrote:

thanks
Alan Gregory

Hi birders,

John Shortis  

--

Alan C Gregory
Lt. Col., USAF, Ret.
Mountain Home, ID

--

Alan C Gregory
Lt. Col., USAF, Ret.
Mountain Home, ID