Ted Trueblood yesterday

John Shortis

Hi birders,

Yesterday, Amy & I birded here, water level very low with substantial areas of mud.
Only duck species were Green-winged Teal (most numerous), Shoveler, and Mallard.
But most worthy of note was the presence of about 20 Long-billed Dowitchers, which is a trifle early so was flagged as a rarity for the time of year. The other big highlight was that in the fields by the approach road we counted at least 5 Short-eared Owls, certainly the most I've ever seen together.

John Shortis

M Gregory

This is the Trueblood Wildlife Area near Grand View, I take it? I live in Mountain Home and drive that way often on the way to Murphy and the Owyhee County Museum. What's the best entrance way? I ask because I Think there are two marked entrances.
thanks
Alan Gregory

--

Alan C Gregory
Lt. Col., USAF, Ret.

Denise Hughes

Take the entrance next to the pasture. Last year a pair of owls were seen in the pasture.

On Jan 21, 2021, at 9:14 AM, M Gregory <alanclarkg@...> wrote:

[...]

R L ROWLAND RONALD ROWLAND

Best entry is the one marked with a blue Ted Trueblood Ln. sign, where Shaw Rd. (green st. sign) crosses the MH-Grandview hwy. Watch for the brown Ted Trueblood WMA sign. Takes you to the viewing platform/parking area overlooking the west end of the big pond.
CGB. RL