Spring delights

bike4birds

The birds were cooperative on my ride today, but there were a couple of FOY treats that deserve broadcasting. First, I had a flyover of White Pelicans (about 8) while I was biking along the river. They were in “V” formation, headed downriver. Second, when I got home, I noticed a very bright red finch in one of my tray feeders. I immediately grabbed binos and found a gorgeous Cassin’s Finch. While I was watching, I saw at least 1 more adult male. They came and went over the next several hours. So, keep an eye out!

The Cassin’s brought my tally to 44 species in a little over 12 miles. ;-)

Tom McCabe, Boise