Spring Arrivals

lcarrigan_55

In the past 5 days, arrivals are: BH Grosbeaks competing with the Evening Grosbeaks at the platform feeder. Also: Lazuli Buntings, Cassin's Finches, Pine Siskins, White-crowned & Chipping Sparrows & Red-naped Sapsucker. Flyovers of White-faced Ibis, White Pelicans, DC Cormorants, plus birds of prey. Sun, saw a total of 11 Bald Eagles (a pr is nesting nearby), RT & Swainson's Hawks, Am Kestrel, Sharp-shinned Hawk & N Harrier. In the evenings GH, Saw-whet & W Screech Owls are all calling at various times.

Female Black-chinned Hummingbird arrived last week & a male, yest. He must have put in a long flight, as he hit the nectar feeder every 10 min from 4 pm until sundown. Did have a single female Broad-tailed come through Wed evening. Still waiting on W Tanager & any Warbler!

Kerry Fitzharris

I have about 30 evening grosbeaks in my backyard right now, along with about 6 lazuli buntings. So great to see both. Haven’t had the grosbeaks in my yard for a decade or so.

Kerry Fitzharris
Boise North End