Topics

Sharp-tailed Sandpiper at American Falls Silo area?

Jason Talbot

https://ebird.org/checklist/S73470730

See checklist for map and photos. Sorry for the late response but I couldn’t get to photos to confirm my hunch from this morning. Thoughts?

Shared via the Google app

John Shortis

It certainly has the capped appearance Jason, and different from the other 2 birds. Think you may be right!
There were 2 at Indian Creek 8 years ago and I remember being struck by the brown cap at the time.

John Shortis

On Friday, September 11, 2020, 04:22:56 PM MDT, Jason Talbot via groups.io <jason.talbot1@...> wrote:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S73470730

See checklist for map and photos. Sorry for the late response but I couldn’t get to photos to confirm my hunch from this morning. Thoughts?

Shared via the Google app

Cliff Weisse

This looks like a Pectoral Sandpiper to me. Note the lack of contrast between cap and supercilium, lack of white eye ring, fat/chunky body, long pale based bill, and heavily streaked center of breast.

Cliff

--
Cliff and Lisa Weisse
Island Park, Idaho

Larry Arnold

thank you Cliff  =)

Seems like Pectorals are everywhere right now

Novice Shore-Birder # 301 in search of a prime number, hahaha

Larry