Photo

Robert Kiernan

This  might be a little better to I.D.LARGE bird seen lake lowell this A.M

Aidan Lorenz

I'm still not too great with shorebird ID, but this looks like either a Greater or Lesser Yellowlegs to me. I'm leaning more towards Greater, since you said it was a larger bird. :-D

--
Aidan Lorenz
Caldwell

Mark Stackhouse

Bill length (about the same as the head length) would say Lesser Yellowlegs. Lesser Yellowlegs also migrate earlier than Greater, so are more likely now, though both are certainly possible.

Mark Stackhouse
westwings@...
from Mexico:
01-323-285-1243 (San Blas, Nayarit)
001-801-518-5618 (cellular - U.S. and Mexico)
from  U.S.
011-52-323-285-1243 or
1-801-518-5618

On Sep 2, 2021, at 9:55 AM, Robert Kiernan <photobirder@...> wrote:

This  might be a little better to I.D.LARGE bird seen lake lowell this A.M
<20210902_095223.jpg>

bettylouise davenport

I look at the picture I said Greater Yellow legs. When we were at Pahanrangat NWR we saw them together. Somewhere that picture should be around in my many photos.