Montour WMA: Great Crested Flycatcher and Blackpoll Warbler

Carl Lundblad

Kas Dumroese of Moscow reports that the GREAT CRESTED FLYCATCHER was still present and fairly cooperative, this morning (9/13), with a BLACKPOLL WARBLER.  He may have more details later, here or on eBird.

Just the Messenger.

Carl Lundblad
Corvallis, OR

Louisa Evers

Saw the great crested flycatcher at about 0930 this morning (9/13) along with 2 other folks.  Did not see the warbler, although a warbler-size bird blasted through the trees shortly before seeing the flycatcher.  Ran into Liz Medes and se also saw the immature red-shouldered hawk early this morning, but I did not.  There also seems to be a goshawk in the area.

--
Louisa Evers
elouisa603@...

Ken Miracle

Louisa … you got some good shots of Great Crested Flycatcher !

On Sep 13, 2021, at 12:45 PM, Louisa Evers <elouisa603@...> wrote:

Saw the great crested flycatcher at about 0930 this morning (9/13) along with 2 other folks.  Did not see the warbler, although a warbler-size bird blasted through the trees shortly before seeing the flycatcher.  Ran into Liz Medes and se also saw the immature red-shouldered hawk early this morning, but I did not.  There also seems to be a goshawk in the area.

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 10:42 AM Carl Lundblad <carl.lundblad@...> wrote:
Kas Dumroese of Moscow reports that the GREAT CRESTED FLYCATCHER was still present and fairly cooperative, this morning (9/13), with a BLACKPOLL WARBLER.  He may have more details later, here or on eBird.

Just the Messenger.

Carl Lundblad
Corvallis, OR

--
Louisa Evers
elouisa603@...

Seen again this morning and 4 other birders. Still there when we left parking lot at 9:20.

Liz Medes

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021, 10:42 AM Carl Lundblad <carl.lundblad@...> wrote:
Kas Dumroese of Moscow reports that the GREAT CRESTED FLYCATCHER was still present and fairly cooperative, this morning (9/13), with a BLACKPOLL WARBLER.  He may have more details later, here or on eBird.

Just the Messenger.

Carl Lundblad
Corvallis, OR

Louisa Evers

Heard from Cheryl Huizinga that Kas changed his warbler sighting from blackpoll to Townsend’s.

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 09:27 Elizabeth Medes <liz.medes@...> wrote:
Seen again this morning and 4 other birders. Still there when we left parking lot at 9:20.

Liz Medes

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021, 10:42 AM Carl Lundblad <carl.lundblad@...> wrote:
Kas Dumroese of Moscow reports that the GREAT CRESTED FLYCATCHER was still present and fairly cooperative, this morning (9/13), with a BLACKPOLL WARBLER.  He may have more details later, here or on eBird.

Just the Messenger.

Carl Lundblad
Corvallis, OR

--
Louisa Evers
elouisa603@...

Elizabeth Medes

Just received word that the GCFL is still there at Montour this morning, seen from the railroad track side. Same area, just a wee bit north.

Liz Medes
Gem County