Mann Lake

Linda Lamb

I birded Mann Lake near Lewiston, I'D yesterday and was treated to an up close and personal view of my first confirmed Ross's goose in amongst approximately 150 snow geese. Also spotted were a pair of Says Phoebes, a pair of pintails, 4 Green-winged Teals,  6 Lesser Scaups, an Osprey, and an American Water Pipit, We Also spotted several Horned Larks and a Chukar on the 480 road. Coming from Priest River where the migration seems exceptionally slow, it was great to see something!

Linda Lamb
Priest River

Elizabeth Medes

Fabulous photo, Linda.  I saw my first Ross's this year as well but could only get marginal photos.

Liz Medes
Emmett ID

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 10:51 AM Linda Lamb <lamreeves58@...> wrote:
I birded Mann Lake near Lewiston, I'D yesterday and was treated to an up close and personal view of my first confirmed Ross's goose in amongst approximately 150 snow geese. Also spotted were a pair of Says Phoebes, a pair of pintails, 4 Green-winged Teals,  6 Lesser Scaups, an Osprey, and an American Water Pipit, We Also spotted several Horned Larks and a Chukar on the 480 road. Coming from Priest River where the migration seems exceptionally slow, it was great to see something!

Linda Lamb
Priest River

Linda Lamb

Thanks, it was probably a once in a lifetime photo op.

Fabulous photo, Linda.  I saw my first Ross's this year as well but could only get marginal photos.

Liz Medes
Emmett ID

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 10:51 AM Linda Lamb <lamreeves58@...> wrote:
I birded Mann Lake near Lewiston, I'D yesterday and was treated to an up close and personal view of my first confirmed Ross's goose in amongst approximately 150 snow geese. Also spotted were a pair of Says Phoebes, a pair of pintails, 4 Green-winged Teals,  6 Lesser Scaups, an Osprey, and an American Water Pipit, We Also spotted several Horned Larks and a Chukar on the 480 road. Coming from Priest River where the migration seems exceptionally slow, it was great to see something!

Linda Lamb
Priest River

Elizabeth Medes

It is a perfect textbook shot for showing the differences between the two.