leucistic red tail hawk

Melody and Michael Asher and McBride

We have two different leucistic red tail hawks in the Magic Valley and I thought people might be interested in seeing photos of these cool birds. Quite interesting that we have two of them...

The bird on pivot was seen between Filer & Buhl yesterday by Charlotte Eberlein and so I went out and took a photo.

Kathy Eklund  has been seeing the bird in the tree for a while in Springdale (near Burley).

Melody Asher
Twin Falls

Andrea King

Wow!  Thanks for sharing.  They are beautiful.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021, 12:38 PM Melody and Michael Asher and McBride <mndmx2@...> wrote:
We have two different leucistic red tail hawks in the Magic Valley and I thought people might be interested in seeing photos of these cool birds. Quite interesting that we have two of them...

The bird on pivot was seen between Filer & Buhl yesterday by Charlotte Eberlein and so I went out and took a photo.

Kathy Eklund  has been seeing the bird in the tree for a while in Springdale (near Burley).

Melody Asher
Twin Falls

climb_on2002

Awesome!! That looks like the one we saw in Idaho Falls last spring. The front was almost totally white and we couldn’t figure out what it was till its back was to us. We just had a 300zoom with us that day. This is a very cropped photo that wasn’t a total blur.

MaDWhitham
Suivez vos rêves aujourd’hui!! Demain n’arrivera peut-être jamais

--
MaDWhitham
Follow your dreams today, tomorrow’s not a guarantee

Micah Austin

One month ago, I observed a leucistic red-tailed hawk in the hills east of Ammon.  It was hunting the stubble fields on the edge of the new developments and was easy to see on power poles and fence poles.  It hung around for two days and I haven't seen it since.  Interesting to have so many sightings in one year.  A coincidence?

Micah Austin
Ammon, Idaho

On Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 01:49:39 PM MST, climb_on2002 via groups.io <climb_on2002@...> wrote:

[...]

Delores Smith

Many thanks. Fantastic photo.

On Feb 3, 2021, at 12:38 PM, Melody and Michael Asher and McBride <mndmx2@...> wrote:

We have two different leucistic red tail hawks in the Magic Valley and I thought people might be interested in seeing photos of these cool birds. Quite interesting that we have two of them...

The bird on pivot was seen between Filer & Buhl yesterday by Charlotte Eberlein and so I went out and took a photo.

Kathy Eklund  has been seeing the bird in the tree for a while in Springdale (near Burley).

Melody Asher
Twin Falls

<leucistic rtha1 2_2_21.jpg>
<B86E389DF4ED4E3E8EBE995DABD594C8.jpg>