Least Flycatcher at Discovery Park

Louisa Evers

Che-becking up a storm. Seen in a locust tree north of the paddleboard rental shed. Seen at about 12:30. --
Louisa Evers
elouisa603@...

wendy Dandridge

Where is Discovery Park?

Wendy Dandridge
Santa Rosa

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize.

On Jun 8, 2022, at 11:50 AM, Louisa Evers <elouisa603@...> wrote:

Che-becking up a storm. Seen in a locust tree north of the paddleboard rental shed. Seen at about 12:30. --
Louisa Evers
elouisa603@...

Paul GRABE

About a mile past Diversion Dam on Hwy 21. First park you come to and upon entering turn right to first parking lot. Rental Shed in front of you.

Wonder if this the LEFL that Carter Strope mentioned a month ago at Foote Park.

On Jun 8, 2022, at 12:54 PM, wendy Dandridge via groups.io <wendy.dandridge@...> wrote:

Where is Discovery Park?

Wendy Dandridge
Santa Rosa

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize.

On Jun 8, 2022, at 11:50 AM, Louisa Evers <elouisa603@...> wrote:

Che-becking up a storm. Seen in a locust tree north of the paddleboard rental shed. Seen at about 12:30. --
Louisa Evers
elouisa603@...

Carl Lundblad

Discovery Park is a unit of Lucky Peak State Park (AKA "Lucky Peak State Park Discovery Unit: https://ebird.org/hotspot/L251918), at the west end of Lucky Peak Reservoir, just east of Boise, and along Idaho State Highway 21 in northeast Ada County.  This is a good reminder that birders in Moscow, Bonners Ferry, Island Park, Etc. might not know these place names and it helps to be explicit about what town or county you are reporting from, name roads and highways by their full names (even "Highway 21" doesn't mean much to those outside that part of Idaho), and generally provide enough location details to be easy interpretable by those throughout the expansive state of Idaho and beyond.

Nice find, Louisa, and thank you for the timely report!

Good Birding,

Carl Lundblad
Corvallis, OR (formerly Moscow, ID)

On Jun 8, 2022, at 12:54 PM, wendy Dandridge via groups.io <wendy.dandridge=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Where is Discovery Park?

Wendy Dandridge
Santa Rosa

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize.

On Jun 8, 2022, at 11:50 AM, Louisa Evers <elouisa603@...> wrote:

Che-becking up a storm. Seen in a locust tree north of the paddleboard rental shed. Seen at about 12:30. --
Louisa Evers
elouisa603@...

Paul GRABE

Least Flycatcher still present at 1625 hours, within 20 yards of the rental shed, mainly been favoring same Locust with more snags on top. Tree is adjacent utility post covered with black trash bag. Your going to hear this bird, it’s very vocal and chasing off other birds.

My apologies for simple directions, was at Doctors appointment when sent and did not see senders was from Santa Rosa. I’ve not met you Carl, but saw you some years back as you were leaving Pahranagat Middle Section; based on your list time, I was driving into section. Your Brown Flycatcher listing helped me finally figure out what I was getting mosquito bitten chasing up and down the road trying to identify.

On Jun 8, 2022, at 3:12 PM, Carl Lundblad <carl.lundblad@...> wrote:

[...]

Aaah ok, thank you!

Wendy Dandridge
Santa Rosa

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize.

On Jun 8, 2022, at 3:32 PM, Paul GRABE <grapeape1041@...> wrote:

[...]

Ken Miracle

I can not hear it on any recordings turned up as loud as possible but Margie can. We had the ISP event at Shakespeare this evening so did not get over there. We will try tomorrow.

On Jun 8, 2022, at 4:32 PM, Paul GRABE <grapeape1041@...> wrote:

[...]

akswanson

Least Flycatcher still present at 8 a.m. greeting the day with non-stop calling.  Located in the same location (by the Paddle Board rental hut) at
Lucky Peak- Discovery Unit, Ada County.  Easiest bird I ever chased.  Heard calling as soon as I got out of the car.