Lazuli Buntings

Ruth Shea

Lazulis arrive in force last week.  Our yard has much brush, cottonwoods and a creek and suddenly Lazulis are common. Hopefully some will nest here. The surprise was that 3 males ganged up on an oriole and pushed it away from the oriole feeder.  Lazulis ignored the  oranges but seem to really enjoy the grape jelly.  They go for the mixed millet seed, seem to ignore the sunflower seeds, and love grape jelly.

Diann Stone

Please state your location.

On Fri, May 14, 2021, 7:18 AM Ruth Shea <ruthshea14@...> wrote:
Lazulis arrive in force last week.  Our yard has much brush, cottonwoods and a creek and suddenly Lazulis are common. Hopefully some will nest here. The surprise was that 3 males ganged up on an oriole and pushed it away from the oriole feeder.  Lazulis ignored the  oranges but seem to really enjoy the grape jelly.  They go for the mixed millet seed, seem to ignore the sunflower seeds, and love grape jelly.

Ruth Shea

forgot to say in my last post that I'm on the very east edge of Blackfoot next to a canal with edges that are managed like a cottonwood/brush habitat

Ruth Shea

Diann Stone

Thank you for your location. Blackfoot is a long way from where I live, so I will refrain from from hoping to see them near me. I've never had  Lazulis in my yard in Boise, not close enough to a canal or stream.

Diann Stone
Boise Depot Bench

On Sun, May 16, 2021, 10:31 AM Ruth Shea <ruthshea14@...> wrote:
forgot to say in my last post that I'm on the very east edge of Blackfoot next to a canal with edges that are managed like a cottonwood/brush habitat

Ruth Shea

Kevin Merrell

Lazulis love Daniels Creek up Bogus Basin Rd above Boise. I should check. I'll praise your name when I find them, Ruth.

Kevin Merrell

On Sun, May 16, 2021 at 5:13 PM Diann Stone <dstoneak2id@...> wrote:
Thank you for your location. Blackfoot is a long way from where I live, so I will refrain from from hoping to see them near me. I've never had  Lazulis in my yard in Boise, not close enough to a canal or stream.

Diann Stone
Boise Depot Bench

On Sun, May 16, 2021, 10:31 AM Ruth Shea <ruthshea14@...> wrote:
forgot to say in my last post that I'm on the very east edge of Blackfoot next to a canal with edges that are managed like a cottonwood/brush habitat

Ruth Shea

billiet49@...

I live in Boise and a few years ago I had a Lazuli stop at my water fountain, so don't give up hope. Also my son lives in Emmett and he has one coming to their yard now.

Kerry Fitzharris

Yes, I’ve had two or three every morning and evening here in the North End. And I live on 6th street close to downtown.