Topics

Kettle of Swainson's

lcarrigan_55

Sudden weather change, from 82° to 45° in about 45 min, along with 65 mph wind gusts, has brought a sight to our Snake River property I've only seen one other time about 25 yrs ago. A large kettle of approx 200 Swainson's Hawks was soaring overhead & hawks suddenly started dropping into the cottonwoods on our place. Trees have 6-8 Swainson's in them all through our Riparian Ground. I have 8-10" diam tree limbs down all over, so too dangerous to head out for photos. But, quite a sight through the binocs scanning trees.