Topics

ID this poor creature?

Elizabeth Medes

Found along the road side yesterday, throat appeared torn, maybe a dropped raptor kill?
Color on face, gray legs, and length of beak has us guessing some kind of grouse or partridge - there are game and exotic bird breeding fanciers not far from the site.

Many thanks, all,

Liz Medes
Emmett ID

Ken Miracle

Gray Partridge

On Jan 12, 2021, at 8:50 AM, Elizabeth Medes <liz.medes@...> wrote:

Found along the road side yesterday, throat appeared torn, maybe a dropped raptor kill?
Color on face, gray legs, and length of beak has us guessing some kind of grouse or partridge - there are game and exotic bird breeding fanciers not far from the site.

Many thanks, all,

Liz Medes
Emmett ID <unk.jpg>

Thank you, Ken.  They've been seen closer to Montour but still... the black cap kind of threw me.

Liz

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 8:51 AM Ken Miracle via groups.io <chukar28=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Gray Partridge

On Jan 12, 2021, at 8:50 AM, Elizabeth Medes <liz.medes@...> wrote:

Found along the road side yesterday, throat appeared torn, maybe a dropped raptor kill?
Color on face, gray legs, and length of beak has us guessing some kind of grouse or partridge - there are game and exotic bird breeding fanciers not far from the site.

Many thanks, all,

Liz Medes
Emmett ID <unk.jpg>

Not black just the gray in the shade and probably wet