Topics

Hummingbird Info

lcarrigan_55

At home along the Snake River, west of Blackfoot, mainly seeing Black-chinned Hummingbird visitors: adult male/female & juveniles. And, at least sev times a day, juvenile Rufous come in & sev appear to be males.

Other juveniles present on place: numerous Black-headed Grosbeaks (at least 15), Lazuli Buntings (6+), BC Chickadees, House Wrens, House Finches & Yellow Warblers. And have seen two 1st-yr Bald Eagles.

Diann Stone

That's a good variety of species. It's always fun to watch young ones.

Along the Bethine Church Trail in Boise Saturday morning (8/1/2020) I observed Great Blue Heron, Belted Kingfisher, Black-capped Chickadee, plus young ones and adults of Cassin's Finch, Cedar Waxwing, and Mute Swan. It's a busy part of the birding season.

Diann Stone
Boise Depot Bench

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020, 1:41 PM lcarrigan_55 via groups.io <lcarrigan_55=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
At home along the Snake River, west of Blackfoot, mainly seeing Black-chinned Hummingbird visitors: adult male/female & juveniles. And, at least sev times a day, juvenile Rufous come in & sev appear to be males.

Other juveniles present on place: numerous Black-headed Grosbeaks (at least 15), Lazuli Buntings (6+), BC Chickadees, House Wrens, House Finches & Yellow Warblers. And have seen two 1st-yr Bald Eagles.

Diann, I'm intrigued about the Bethine Church trail, does it run adjacent to the Park Center bridge?  I grew up near there and a few times last spring before things went crazy, I birded it with some friends.  We walked from Eckart to Park Center, and we entered several named areas - Marianne Williams, etc., birded near the bridge in a beautiful wild riparian area, had lunch, then headed to Shakespeare Festival grounds.  It is much changed since my brothers and I waded/floated that part of the river.

Liz Medes
Emmett