Hummingbird Bonanza

lcarrigan_55

Hummingbird action has been non-stop for going on 3 wks now. Filled my 10 oz feeder at 5 PM & it's down by 3 oz now. Have counted, for sure, 4 individual Rufous & 4 individual Black-chinneds. Relates to at least 40 individuals hitting the feeders.

Have adult males, females & juveniles of both. Haven't seen a Calliope in about 10 days & no Broad-taileds yet. But, for me, they're usually an Aug arrival. Most of the action occurs at first light for an HR or two & then picks up again about 6 PM until dark. The male Rufous are tyrants!