From: "lcarrigan_55 via groups.io" <lcarrigan_55@...>
Date: 3/27/21 9:34 AM (GMT-07:00)
To: IBLE@groups.io
Subject: [IBLE] Cassin's Finch

This AM, had a bright, spring-plumage male, Cassin's Finch in yard. Yesterday, a small group (3-4) Mtn Chickadees came through.

Also, most of the week, esp mid-AM have seen & heard (at night) flyovers of thousands of Tundra Swans & Snow Geese, all headed north. And, some Sandhill Cranes, as well. Red-winged Blackbird males are here singing & setting up territories, awaiting the arrival of females. Robins are starting to show in larger numbers, as well.

Had to look up, every spring this is a repeat for me, the mating call of male Spotted Towhees, as their behavior changes from the rest of the year. Getting to watch a male Towhee in his fresh, bright colors, singing from 15' up in a tree & staying in place, is a treat.

Tom Soniville
Boise. North End

Kerry Fitzharris

I had an Anna’s Hummingbird visit about two weeks ago at my heated feeder. Haven’t had one since.

Kerry
North End, Boise

On Mar 31, 2021, at 10:24 PM, Tom & Susan Soniville <tomnsueid@...> wrote:

My wife and a friend were walking at Camelsback Park this morning and sighted a hummingbird. Distance was too great for a solid identification, but movement and the irredecent green were obvious. Anyone else have them visiting?

Tom Soniville
West Bech, Boise

This AM, had a bright, spring-plumage male, Cassin's Finch in yard. Yesterday, a small group (3-4) Mtn Chickadees came through.

Also, most of the week, esp mid-AM have seen & heard (at night) flyovers of thousands of Tundra Swans & Snow Geese, all headed north. And, some Sandhill Cranes, as well. Red-winged Blackbird males are here singing & setting up territories, awaiting the arrival of females. Robins are starting to show in larger numbers, as well.

Had to look up, every spring this is a repeat for me, the mating call of male Spotted Towhees, as their behavior changes from the rest of the year. Getting to watch a male Towhee in his fresh, bright colors, singing from 15' up in a tree & staying in place, is a treat.

Tom Soniville
Boise. North End

Aidan Lorenz

I think that Anna's Hummingbirds have been observed at Hulls Gulch, just east of Camel's Back Park, all winter. I saw a gorgeous male there a couple of days ago. :-)
--
Aidan Lorenz
Caldwell

Linda Lamb

There is a great map at hummingbirdcentral.com that shows the hummingbirds migration in real time. It is interactive. If you see a hummingbird you add it to the map. It has shown a hummingbird overwintering in Boise. I use it to tell when I should put out my feeders.

Linda Lamb
Priest River, ID