Topics

Harris's Sparrow

Nick Miller

I've had a juvenile Harris's Sparrow in my backyard and along the canal that borders it today. It's among a large flock of Juncos. From the corner of Wheeler and Alpine, walk north across the tracks and then scan along the canal. My yard has a large blue shed in back; the bird has been between my fence and the canal, off and on today.

Nick Miller
Depot Bench/Boise

Jon Barnett

Nice!  I grew up in that vicinity.  Thank you for letting us know!  Best, Jonathan, Horseshoe Bend

On Nov 23, 2020, at 2:59 PM, Nick Miller via groups.io <siminovac@...> wrote:

I've had a juvenile Harris's Sparrow in my backyard and along the canal that borders it today. It's among a large flock of Juncos. From the corner of Wheeler and Alpine, walk north across the tracks and then scan along the canal. My yard has a large blue shed in back; the bird has been between my fence and the canal, off and on today.

Nick Miller
Depot Bench/Boise

Nick Miller

Thanks; it's still around.

Jay Carlisle

Nick

Would be great to keep an eye on this bird as we approach the Boise Christmas Bird Count on Dec 27.  I'm aware of yours plus 2 others seen in the last week within the CBC circle - but might be tough to find each one on count day :-)

Thanks,

Jay

On Monday, November 30, 2020, 2:57:08 PM MST, Nick Miller via groups.io <siminovac@...> wrote:

Thanks; it's still around.