Great-crested Flycatcher still present at Montour WMA Wednesday morning

Carl Lundblad

Liz Medes reports that the Great Crested Flycatcher, that she found yesterday, is still present at Montour WMA (Gem County) this morning.  This will represent the second record for Idaho, pending IBRC acceptance.

Good Birding,

Carl Lundblad
Corvallis, OR

Denise Hughes

We saw the bird in the area around the parking area at the west entrance of the WMA.  Check the dead branches on the deciduous trees, about 1/2 to 2/3 up the tree.

On Sep 8, 2021, at 9:09 AM, Carl Lundblad <carl.lundblad@...> wrote:

Liz Medes reports that the Great Crested Flycatcher, that she found yesterday, is still present at Montour WMA (Gem County) this morning.  This will represent the second record for Idaho, pending IBRC acceptance.

Good Birding,

Carl Lundblad
Corvallis, OR

Denise Hughes

I was just told there is going to be dog trials at Montour on Saturday and Sunday.  Probably best to look before then.

On Sep 8, 2021, at 9:16 AM, Denise Hughes via groups.io <deniseh449@...> wrote:

We saw the bird in the area around the parking area at the west entrance of the WMA.  Check the dead branches on the deciduous trees, about 1/2 to 2/3 up the tree.

On Sep 8, 2021, at 9:09 AM, Carl Lundblad <carl.lundblad@...> wrote:

Liz Medes reports that the Great Crested Flycatcher, that she found yesterday, is still present at Montour WMA (Gem County) this morning.  This will represent the second record for Idaho, pending IBRC acceptance.

Good Birding,

Carl Lundblad
Corvallis, OR

Elizabeth Medes

Very happy to have this confirmed and thanks to Denise and Cheryl for accelerating that this a.m.
Attaching two point and shoots, and I would love to hear a caption for the one giving me the stink-eye.

Repeating here again, bird trials at Montour this weekend.  Imagine this is an extremely short window.  Bird likes to perch on dead snags in the open near mid-canopy maples.  Walk in thicket west of post fence in west parking lot and hopefully you will get a view.

Cheers,

Liz Medes
Emmett, Gem County (the east side)

On Sep 8, 2021, at 9:16 AM, Denise Hughes via groups.io <deniseh449=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

We saw the bird in the area around the parking area at the west entrance of the WMA.  Check the dead branches on the deciduous trees, about 1/2 to 2/3 up the tree.

On Sep 8, 2021, at 9:09 AM, Carl Lundblad <carl.lundblad@...> wrote:

Liz Medes reports that the Great Crested Flycatcher, that she found yesterday, is still present at Montour WMA (Gem County) this morning.  This will represent the second record for Idaho, pending IBRC acceptance.

Good Birding,

Carl Lundblad
Corvallis, OR

Jeff Fleischer

Hi Liz,

Wow, what a find, enjoyed looking at your pictures! :).  Glad to hear that it has been verified, you are a rock star!   Now, what we need this winter from this area is a Northern HawkOwl :).  Hope you are enjoying your summer, mine has been busy with doing stuff around the house and garden, taking a couple of camping trips, and creating 33 new routes for the project this winter, yikes, more work!:).  Take care,

Jeff

On Sep 8, 2021, at 12:45 PM, Elizabeth Medes <liz.medes@...> wrote:

[...]

<GCFL 2 09082021 Montour.JPG><GCFL 09082021 Montour.JPG>

Jay Carlisle

We just left at 730pm after 2+ hours with ~10 folks.  Apparently no sightings since ~noon … maybe it uses a different area in afternoon/evening?

Jason T is planning to try again early AM 🤞🤞🤞

Jay

On Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 2:56 PM, Jeff Fleischer via groups.io <raptorrunner97321@...> wrote:

[...]

Ken Miracle

Here just photographed

On Sep 8, 2021, at 7:48 PM, Jay Carlisle via groups.io <carlislejay@...> wrote:

[...]

cheryl huizinga

Update from Aiden Lorenz- Great-crested Flycatcher was seen at 11:40 at same spot.

Cheryl Huizinga
Caldwell, Idaho

On Sep 9, 2021, at 10:42 AM, Ken Miracle via groups.io <chukar28@...> wrote:

[...]

rattlesnake4873

I’ll be in Boise tonight so I am shooting for it early tomorrow. Don’t let it fly on me!

Dean

On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 12:14 PM cheryl huizinga <bchuizinga@...> wrote:
Update from Aiden Lorenz- Great-crested Flycatcher was seen at 11:40 at same spot.

Cheryl Huizinga
Caldwell, Idaho

On Sep 9, 2021, at 10:42 AM, Ken Miracle via groups.io <chukar28=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Here just photographed

--
Dean Jones
"A world of facts lies outside and beyond the world of words." Thomas Huxley

Local weather in Montour is going to change tonight - here's our weather station from a few miles west of there in case anyone wants to track the rain.

On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 1:56 PM rattlesnake4873 <Rattlesnake4873@...> wrote:
[...]

Just starting through some of the photos. Smoke was a “bit” of a white balance challenge :-)

First shot is what I saw straight in front of the car when I first stepped out.

On Sep 9, 2021, at 2:12 PM, Elizabeth Medes <liz.medes@...> wrote:

[...]

Excellent photos, Ken.

Liz

On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 2:42 PM Ken Miracle via groups.io <chukar28=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Thank you and thank you again for finding this little (big for flycathers) jewel.

On Sep 9, 2021, at 5:20 PM, Elizabeth Medes <liz.medes@...> wrote:

Excellent photos, Ken.

Liz

On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 2:42 PM Ken Miracle via groups.io <chukar28=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Just starting through some of the photos. Smoke was a “bit” of a white balance challenge :-)

First shot is what I saw straight in front of the car when I first stepped out.

<K52_3573.jpg><K52_3650.jpg><K52_3654.jpg><K52_3657.jpg><K52_3665.jpg>

[...]

In truth, I think it found me.

Anyone else in your party get photos of the gray flycatcher?

Liz

On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 5:23 PM Ken Miracle via groups.io <chukar28=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

akswanson

Check eBird.  Many are added to observer's list but, for now, Ken's are the best..