I was wondering if the great gray owl was still in the location it has been in?  I live pretty far away and I am considering coming to see.  I am a respectful birder & don't get too close or bother the birds.  Anyway, I thought I would ask before I make the long drive.  :)  Thank you in advance.

Brian Cooper

I saw it last Saturday in the same location.

On Jan 15, 2021, at 8:09 AM, Andrea King <aking0601@...> wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if the great gray owl was still in the location it has been in?  I live pretty far away and I am considering coming to see.  I am a respectful birder & don't get too close or bother the birds.  Anyway, I thought I would ask before I make the long drive.  :)  Thank you in advance.

kristin_araki

Hi Andrea,
I also saw it last Saturday with my mother and a couple other birders. I saw it at about 8:30. When I left between 10:30 - 11, one of the owls was still there.

-------- Original message --------
From: Brian Cooper <bpcooer@...>
Date: 1/15/21 9:01 AM (GMT-07:00)
To: IBLE@groups.io
Subject: Re: [IBLE] GG OWL

I saw it last Saturday in the same location.

On Jan 15, 2021, at 8:09 AM, Andrea King <aking0601@...> wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if the great gray owl was still in the location it has been in?  I live pretty far away and I am considering coming to see.  I am a respectful birder & don't get too close or bother the birds.  Anyway, I thought I would ask before I make the long drive.  :)  Thank you in advance.

Elizabeth Medes

I had this report below on 1/14 from a casual birding friend.  I ask everyone visiting the site to be respectful and it doesn't hurt to remind others who are less cautious to do so as well.

Liz Medes
Emmett ID

"There were 5 or 6 photographers with humongous lenses and camo. That's how I found the owls. ... they were all very respectful of the owls except for one guy that was very pushy and just kept pursuing the owl as it flew from one place to another. He also would butt in front of others trying to take shots. They were all commenting about him and his lack of courtesy and what they felt was harassment of the owl. "