Topics

Frog pond on the Chukar Butte Trail

Kevin Merrell

Anyone ever been to the frog pond in the middle of the Chukar Butte Trail? Even a report of there being a frog pond in the sere, volcanic hills east of Hidden Springs is intriguing. I'm of a mind to go see for myself!

Kevin

Diann Stone

Yes, friends and I have hiked there. And there is a pond.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020, 10:39 PM Kevin Merrell <historysaver@...> wrote:
Anyone ever been to the frog pond in the middle of the Chukar Butte Trail? Even a report of there being a frog pond in the sere, volcanic hills east of Hidden Springs is intriguing. I'm of a mind to go see for myself!

Kevin

Kevin Merrell

Marvelous, Diann. Did you observe any critters when you visited the pond?

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 8:59 AM Diann Stone <dstoneak2id@...> wrote:
Yes, friends and I have hiked there. And there is a pond.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020, 10:39 PM Kevin Merrell <historysaver@...> wrote:
Anyone ever been to the frog pond in the middle of the Chukar Butte Trail? Even a report of there being a frog pond in the sere, volcanic hills east of Hidden Springs is intriguing. I'm of a mind to go see for myself!

Kevin

Dondi Black

It is a great hidden oasis in the spring, not so sure about August.  Popular stop for mountain bikers, hikers, families.

Dondi Black
Boise, Idaho

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 9:33 AM Kevin Merrell <historysaver@...> wrote:
Marvelous, Diann. Did you observe any critters when you visited the pond?

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 8:59 AM Diann Stone <dstoneak2id@...> wrote:
Yes, friends and I have hiked there. And there is a pond.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020, 10:39 PM Kevin Merrell <historysaver@...> wrote:
Anyone ever been to the frog pond in the middle of the Chukar Butte Trail? Even a report of there being a frog pond in the sere, volcanic hills east of Hidden Springs is intriguing. I'm of a mind to go see for myself!

Kevin

rattlesnake4873

Where is chukar butte trail/directions?

Thanks!

Dean Jones

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 10:02 AM Dondi Black <dondiblack@...> wrote:
It is a great hidden oasis in the spring, not so sure about August.  Popular stop for mountain bikers, hikers, families.

Dondi Black
Boise, Idaho

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 9:33 AM Kevin Merrell <historysaver@...> wrote:
Marvelous, Diann. Did you observe any critters when you visited the pond?

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 8:59 AM Diann Stone <dstoneak2id@...> wrote:
Yes, friends and I have hiked there. And there is a pond.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020, 10:39 PM Kevin Merrell <historysaver@...> wrote:
Anyone ever been to the frog pond in the middle of the Chukar Butte Trail? Even a report of there being a frog pond in the sere, volcanic hills east of Hidden Springs is intriguing. I'm of a mind to go see for myself!

Kevin

rbird1286

On Saturday, August 8, 2020, 5:06:49 PM MDT, rattlesnake4873 <rattlesnake4873@...> wrote:

[...]

If I bump into you, at the pond, Dean, let me know the birds you've seen as I'm basically bird illiterate. If I find you there, good on you for sweating a gallon to get there.

Kevin

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 5:14 PM rbird1286 via groups.io <ruthanngreene=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

It's a deal