Topics

Flush of Fall Migrants

lcarrigan_55

With the change in weather arriving today, thought I might find some migrating warblers. As soon as the sun was high enough to hit the trees, got outside. Found: Orange-crowned Warblers (maybe a family group, 6 juv & a few adults traveling together), 1 Nashville Warbler, 1 YR Warbler, 1 MacGillivray's Warbler, numerous Wilson's Warblers, RC Kinglet, juv Chipping Sparrows, House Wrens & 1 Townsend's Solitaire. Also, Lincoln's Sparrow, Song Sparrow, RB Nuthatch & a juv Spotted Towhee, just getting its adult plumage, with the two-tone wings.

Best bird was down along the Snake River. I saw a dark bird diving on a calling Caspian Tern. An immature Peregrine Falcon, harassing the Caspian over & over, flying up & downstream. The falcon finally, broke off & headed downriver. A good morning!