fledged chickadees

Kerry Fitzharris

I’ve nothing exotic to report, but for the past week, I’ve been watching parent chickadees feed their fledgings in my North End backyard. I expected to see them offer sunflower seeds. What’s been a wonder to me is watching the adults land on my rose bushes that are being “enjoyed” by aphids at the moment. They’ve enticed their young to join them, so at times, I’ve had four chickadees gleaning from my roses. Seems a special sight to me.

Kerry Fitzharris
Boise's North End

Diann Stone

Watching any birds interact with their young is special to me too. I think Chickadees are fun to watch whatever they're doing. Cute little busy birds.

Diann Stone
Boise Depot Bench