Topics

Common Redpoll

Janet Phillips

I want to report a very probable sighting of a Common Redpoll near Victory Rd and Cloverdale. If you turn east off Cloverdale a few blocks to the intersection of Hollandale Dr. and Sumpter you will note a large school on the NE corner. On the SE corner you will note a large ravine/ditch (Eightmile Creek) that courses SE with an adjacent gravel path. This is in Area #7 for Ann Swanson and myself. If you go, you will note the beginning of bird feeders along the fence on your right (houses). This is the area where I saw a small finch with a light head and a pink/red oval crown spot. It was a brief look with no chance for a photo but I have seen several redpolls in the past (most recently in Nov. near Glacier Park) and I immediately said “Redpoll”. It had a small light bill with dark lores and the pink/red was confined to that one crown spot so it was most definitely not a House Finch. I did not see a pink breast. We couldn’t relocate it but I will try tomorrow and the 27th. I thought others might be inclined to look for it.
(

Janet Phillips

Sorry: Lat. 43 34 53.9 Long -116 19 51.9

Kit Struthers

What town?

Kit Struthers
Idaho Falls, ID
kit619@centurylink.net

On Dec 23, 2020, at 6:18 PM, Janet Phillips <janet.misty11@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry: Lat. 43 34 53.9 Long -116 19 51.9

climb_on2002

Her coordinate is south of I84 in Meridian

MaDWhitham
Suivez vos rêves aujourd’hui!! Demain n’arrivera peut-être jamais

On Dec 23, 2020, at 7:48 PM, Kit Struthers <kit619@...> wrote:

What town?

Kit Struthers
Idaho Falls, ID
kit619@...

--
MaDWhitham
Follow your dreams today, tomorrow’s not a guarantee