Calliope

lcarrigan_55

Yesterday afternoon & again this AM, Calliope Hummingbirds started showing at the feeder. Both adult female & juvenile. For my location, that's approx a month early. So now, have adults & juvs of Black-chinned, Rufous & Calliope coming in. The only one I haven't seen an adult male for yet, is the Calliope (but, even in a typical yr, may only get one male, as must take a bit diff't route than the females & juvs). Believe the excessive heat combined with regional wildfires is pushing hummingbird migration a bit early this season.