Boise Wildlife Area

ftcrase

As the weather warmed a bit last week I started poking around the New Plymouth area to see if any migrants were starting to show up. I found some snow geese in the lower Payette River region, along with some red-winged blackbirds starting to stake out territories and saw my fist robins. At the New Plymouth sewage pond i saw a good sized flock of  northern shovelers and a few ruddy ducks. So today I decided to hit the Boise Wildlife area to see if anything was showing up there. I was really surprised to find almost all of the usual water areas dried up. I don't recall any discussion of this on IBLE; if there was I certainly missed it. I'm going to miss watching those large flocks of geese coming in this Spring. I did see a few FOY birds but I thought that I should let everyone that the area is undergoing a large scale construction project until at least May. The project is funded from Federal monies (P&R ?) with Ducks Unlimited doing the design work. I'm sure it will really upgrade the habitat there; just sad about missing on one of my favorite early Spring favorite places.

Fred Crase
New Plymouth

Robert Kiernan

For fred crane Roswell marsh has tons of snows.continue on 18 on around to w.side small pond on left had lots of white fronts  continue on turn L.on opal sand hills out on left

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021, 5:06 PM ftcrase via groups.io <ftcrase=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Looks like I missed spelled Fred's last name crase not crane sorry  about that