Topics

Blue Jay in Roberts

Peggy Wyman

I finally saw my first Blue Jay in Idaho (twice)!  I saw it November 4th in the afternoon and again on November 6th mid-morning. Both times it was in the southwest corner of the yard of the house that is directly east of the gas station  that is right off the freeway. Both times it was making a lot of noise which alerted me to its presence.  Both times it flew off to the northwest. The first day I saw it had an acorn in its bill.  I also saw the great-tailed grackles that hang out at the gas station and in the trees south of the gas station.