Another "raptorous" day

bike4birds

On my weekly ride to the west end of the greenbelt, I was fortunate enough to see a total of 7 raptors: Osprey, RT Hawk, Bald Eagle, GH Owl, N Harrier (skirmishing with a pair of RT Hawks), A Kestrel, and Cooper’s Hawk (who almost hit me as I rode up 23rd St). Then, while eating a late lunch, Susan called me outside because of the Swainson’s Hawk flying above our neighborhood, and later we found a pair of WS Owls on our evening walk. Nine raptors in one day may be a record for me, but, hey, who’s counting?

Final tally for the day was 52 species in a little under 23 miles.

Tom McCabe, Boise