Topics

ah, the new improved eBird......

Larry Arnold <larnold47@...>

looks like the " dashboard " is continually changing, which is a serious distraction for geezers who have limited patience searching for / actually finding / once-common functions, e.g.,

looks like Ada County was lost somewhere in the belly of the beast, e.g., #2

where did the " Top 100 " for said county disappear to ?  is it hidden somewhere new ?  or did we simply fall off the edge, into an abyss ? ?  ?

whereas, other counties in other states have not similarly disappeared.........

~ ~  ~   ~    ~     ~    H~E~L~P   ~   ~     ~        ~            ~              ~

Carl Lundblad

Hi Larry,

It's not clear to me what page you are looking at, but from the Ada County overview page (Explore Regions -> Ada County) the Top 100 (now labeled "Top eBirders") is on the right hand side underneath "Top Media" and "Recent Visits".

I'm happy to help more if you can provide additional clarification.

Best,
Carl🙂

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 8:29 AM Larry Arnold <larnold47@...> wrote:

looks like the " dashboard " is continually changing, which is a serious distraction for geezers who have limited patience searching for / actually finding / once-common functions, e.g.,

looks like Ada County was lost somewhere in the belly of the beast, e.g., #2

where did the " Top 100 " for said county disappear to ?  is it hidden somewhere new ?  or did we simply fall off the edge, into an abyss ? ?  ?

whereas, other counties in other states have not similarly disappeared.........

~ ~  ~   ~    ~     ~    H~E~L~P   ~   ~     ~        ~            ~              ~

R L ROWLAND RONALD ROWLAND

Sigh! I know what you mean Larry about Cornell kind of messing with ebird just for the sake of change it would seem. You have to type in Ada as normally but when the scroll of places pops up you have to scroll waaaaay down the line to find Ada Co. We're behind Alaska and Alabama now but still ahead of the other US places that start with AD.

looks like the " dashboard " is continually changing, which is a serious distraction for geezers who have limited patience searching for / actually finding / once-common functions, e.g.,

looks like Ada County was lost somewhere in the belly of the beast, e.g., #2

where did the " Top 100 " for said county disappear to ?  is it hidden somewhere new ?  or did we simply fall off the edge, into an abyss ? ?  ?

whereas, other counties in other states have not similarly disappeared.........

~ ~  ~   ~    ~     ~    H~E~L~P   ~   ~     ~        ~            ~              ~

Carl Lundblad

Ah, the way that regions are sorted when searching "Explore Regions" has apparently changed since the database migration.  I just type "Ada, ID" and it comes right up.  I also have the page for my home county bookmarked in my browser, so that I can always access it with one click.

Carl Lundblad
Moscow, Idaho

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 8:38 AM R L ROWLAND RONALD ROWLAND <rlrowland@...> wrote:
[...]

thx 10^6 Mr. Carl  =)

have always accessed it thus:
at opening dashboard...
touch "Explore"
then "top 100"
start entering "ada" into region

et voila !!!  it's back already, 5th line down, hmmmmm......

fortune cookie say " Carl is Magician !! "

It's not clear to me what page you are looking at, but from the Ada County overview page (Explore Regions -> Ada County) the Top 100 (now labeled "Top eBirders") is on the right hand side underneath "Top Media" and "Recent Visits".

I'm happy to help more if you can provide additional clarification.

Best,
Carl\uD83D\uDE42

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 8:29 AM Larry Arnold <larnold47@...> wrote:

looks like the " dashboard " is continually changing, which is a serious distraction for geezers who have limited patience searching for / actually finding / once-common functions, e.g.,

looks like Ada County was lost somewhere in the belly of the beast, e.g., #2

where did the " Top 100 " for said county disappear to ?  is it hidden somewhere new ?  or did we simply fall off the edge, into an abyss ? ?  ?

whereas, other counties in other states have not similarly disappeared.........

Jim Lyons

Thanks for the eBird tips, Carl.

Find if I just type "Ada" and add a comma it prompts for Ada, Idaho. Bingo! Like Larry, I noticed the "Top100" button is there on the Explore page.

--
Jim Lyons
jflyons@...