Topics

Ada County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

Larry Arnold <larnold47@...>

Jay  ~  ~     ~

I'm impressed too, because my life list along the Boise River Greenbelt (my eBird patch, Missy's eBird patch) includes a mere 14 sp of sparrows over eight yrs, 1738 complete checklists, and just this morning I mentioned to Missy that we really should be looking at sparrows a little more closely, ha !!!

LA

To: "IBLE" <ible@groups.io>, "Larry Arnold" <larnold47@...>, "akswanson" <akswanson@...>
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2020 4:27:34 PM
Subject: Re: [IBLE] [eBird Alert] Ada County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

Thanks Larry

By necessity, I've been focused more on "patch" birding in 2020 and I'm impressed with the variety this stretch of the Farmers Lateral canal, nestled in suburbia, has yielded.  For example, including Spotted Towhee & DE Junco, that's 12 species of sparrows I know of just this fall (Chipping, Brewer's, Lark, Fox, Junco, White-crowned, White-throated, Harris's, Savannah, Song, Lincoln's, and Towhee; does not include Vesper but maybe Ann or others saw one this fall?) and then there was the Clay-colored that Ann found in the spring so at least 13 sparrows in 2020!  Holding out for one more ... and hoping 1 or 2 goodies will linger for our CBC :-)

Jay

On Saturday, November 14, 2020, 6:34:45 AM MST, Larry Arnold <larnold47@...> wrote:

awesome sparrows, Jay and Ann  =)

----- Forwarded Message -----
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2020 2:32:43 AM
Subject: [eBird Alert] Ada County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

*** Species Summary:

- Blue Jay (1 report)
- Fox Sparrow (2 reports)
- Harris's Sparrow (1 report)

---------------------------------------------
Thank you for subscribing to the <daily> Ada County Rare Bird Alert.The report below shows observations of rare birds in Ada County.  View or unsubscribe to this alert at https://ebird.org/alert/summary?sid=SN36228
NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated.

eBird encourages our users to bird safely, responsibly, and mindfully. Please follow the recommendations of your local health authorities and respect any active travel restrictions in your area. For more information visit: https://ebird.org/news/please-bird-mindfully

Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 13, 2020 12:30 by Ceredig  Roberts
- 1066 E Hearthstone Drive, Ada, Idaho
- Comments: "contiuing to visit the peanuts in the backyard."

Fox Sparrow (Passerella iliaca) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 13, 2020 08:09 by Jay Carlisle
- Bitteroot neighborhood , Ada, Idaho
- Comments: "Continuing along fence line near SW edge of Borah park.  Still carrying left wing a bit droopy &#x1f914;"

Fox Sparrow (Passerella iliaca) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 13, 2020 14:59 by Ann Swanson
- Farmers Canal Bank between Cole Rd. and Aurora St., Ada, Idaho
- Comments: "continuing."

Harris's Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula) (1)
- Reported Nov 13, 2020 08:09 by Jay Carlisle
- Bitteroot neighborhood , Ada, Idaho
- Comments: "Immature with juncos, White-crowned, & Song along canal ~100 yards E of blue dumpster behind BK sports fields.  Will add crummy digi-bino pic"

You received this message because you are subscribed to eBird's Ada County Rare Bird Alert

Manage your eBird alert subscriptions:

eBird Alerts provide recent reports of regionally or seasonally rare species (Rarities Alerts) or species you have not yet observed (Needs Alerts) in your region of interest; both Accepted and Unreviewed observations are included. Some reports may be from private property or inaccessible to the general public. It is the responsibility of every eBirder to be aware of and respectful of access restrictions. For more information, see our Terms of Use: https://www.birds.cornell.edu/home/terms-of-use/