From: "ebird-alert" <ebird-alert@...>
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2020 8:46:41 AM
Subject: [eBird Alert] Ada County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

*** Species Summary:

- Hairy Woodpecker (2 reports)
- Clark's Nutcracker (2 reports)
- Gray Catbird (1 report)
- White-crowned Sparrow (2 reports)
- Green-tailed Towhee (1 report)

Hairy Woodpecker (Dryobates villosus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Aug 30, 2020 07:36 by Peter Olsoy
- Boise River WMA--Headquarters, Ada, Idaho
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.5748436,-116.022469&ll=43.5748436,-116.022469
- Comments: "Louder peek call (compared to downy) and size impression was robin sized."

Hairy Woodpecker (Dryobates villosus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Aug 30, 2020 07:36 by Katie Sorenson
- Boise River WMA--Headquarters, Ada, Idaho
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.5748436,-116.022469&ll=43.5748436,-116.022469
- Comments: "Louder peek call (compared to downy) and size impression was robin sized."

Clark's Nutcracker (Nucifraga columbiana) (5)
- Reported Aug 30, 2020 09:40 by Jay Carlisle
- Bitteroot neighborhood , Ada, Idaho
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.599982,-116.278439&ll=43.599982,-116.278439
- Comments: "Big surprise!! Heading ~N. Gray body, black wings & tail with white patches, almost as big as nearby SS Hawk. Seen simultaneously with Ann S - alone McMulllen E of Cole"

Clark's Nutcracker (Nucifraga columbiana) (5)
- Reported Aug 30, 2020 10:24 by Ann Swanson
- Canal Bank between Cole Rd. and Aurora St., Ada, Idaho
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.5977459,-116.269083&ll=43.5977459,-116.269083
- Comments: "First seen and identified by Jay Carlisle as we were chatting on the street. as we turned to go our separate ways, he called back to me identifying the CLNU. He saw 5, I saw 3. Birds were flying away from me along McMullen St. near Cole St. I saw a bird a bit larger than an American Robin with a long tail. Tail had obvious white along sides. Wings had white on the trailing edges."

Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Aug 29, 2020 06:35 by Jay Carlisle
- Intermountain Bird Observatory at Lucky Peak, Ada, Idaho
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.6056275,-116.0600716&ll=43.6056275,-116.0600716
- Comments: "First heard calling and then later seen by SM. Gray body, long tail, rufous UTCs."

White-crowned Sparrow (Zonotrichia leucophrys) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Aug 30, 2020 07:36 by Katie Sorenson
- Boise River WMA--Headquarters, Ada, Idaho
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.5748436,-116.022469&ll=43.5748436,-116.022469
- Comments: "Juvenile white-crowned, right after the gate. A bit early"

White-crowned Sparrow (Zonotrichia leucophrys) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Aug 30, 2020 07:36 by Peter Olsoy
- Boise River WMA--Headquarters, Ada, Idaho
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.5748436,-116.022469&ll=43.5748436,-116.022469
- Comments: "Juvenile white-crowned, right after the gate. A bit early"

Green-tailed Towhee (Pipilo chlorurus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Aug 29, 2020 06:35 by Jay Carlisle
- Intermountain Bird Observatory at Lucky Peak, Ada, Idaho
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.6056275,-116.0600716&ll=43.6056275,-116.0600716
- Comments: "Banded. Greenish-gray upperparts, wing coverts, and rectrices. Grayish-white underparts with contrasting white throat and malar. Dark reddish cap molting in. Hatch year. Photos."