Island Park Reservoir / Fremont County

Cliff Weisse

I checked out the west end of IP Reservoir again this afternoon. The Greater White-fronted Goose, Black-necked Stilt and one of the Semipalmated Plovers were still there as well as two Common Terns. New arrivals included a flock of American Avocets and about twenty dowitchers. Most of the dowitchers were Long-billeds but at least one was a Short-billed (there might have been a couple other Short-billeds but they didn't call and I didn't feel comfortable making the ID by plumage). The next week or so should be prime time out there but I probably won't get there until next weekend.

Cliff

--
Cliff and Lisa Weisse
Island Park, Idaho

Cliff Weisse

We took a hike out to the west end of IP Reservoir yesterday afternoon. It's very dry and the creeks are really low. There is quite a bit of good shorebird habitat but it was kind of quiet. A Black-necked Stilt, a Solitary Sandpiper, and three Semipalmated Plovers were the highlights, although not terribly unusual. There was also a single Greater White-fronted Goose (my first during spring migration) hanging out with a flock of Canada Geese and at least one Common Tern (a bit early for this location) among the Forster's.

Cliff