Says Phoebe

Bill Moore

I had a Says Phoebe show up this morning, first ever here. It didn’t stay long but flew off toward the stream below us. At first I thought it was a Robin, but the behavior, perching and tail wagging, was different and on looking definitely not a Robin. Guess I’ll need to watch our Robins a little closer from now on. Female Red Wings just showed up a day or so ago along with our local Sandhills.

I’ve been doing a Winter Raptor Survey nearby and last week while looking for Raptors, largely skunked, I headed down to Red Rocks Pass and Swan Lake, below Downey, and found over 50 Tundra Swans on the main lake and a few more in the weeds below the lake.

Bill Moore
Hoot Owl
Inkom