From: IBLE@groups.io [mailto:IBLE@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob Davis
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 6:43 PM
To: IBLE@groups.io
Subject: Re: [IBLE] Common Crane photo'd on private land in Camas Prairie area (SW of Fairfield) yesterday

A regular sedan is probably fine.  High clearance is not needed but the road can be muddy in the afternoon so the traction from a 4x4 or all-wheel drive would be more secure.

Bob Davis

Idaho Falls

On Nov 19, 2020, at 12:06 PM, akswanson <akswanson@...> wrote:

Do you need a 4 x 4 to access the road?  Would a regular sedan be adequate?

My friends in Burns think its possible that the bird in Fairfield area is the same one seen near Lakeview.

Carter Strope

Hey all,

I just wanted to add some thoughts on the possible whereabouts of the bird. While I do think this bird could be on it's way out, I'm not convinced. It disappeared for a while the first day and was refound. It has proved to be mobile and moves around throughout the day. It does seem to return to the one field however. If it is not seen today I will be out there early tomorrow to check.

-Carter

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020, 12:18 Bob Davis <rhdavis@...> wrote:
It was reported from about 9 am to 9:30 then flew off to the SW and disappeared.  May still be around nearby, and may return to the same spot.  Or may be on its way to parts unknown.  :(

Bob Davis
Idaho Falls

On Nov 20, 2020, at 11:54 AM, tdtealbirder <tdteal@...> wrote:

Has anyone seen the Common Crane Today? 11/20/20

Tim Teal
Payette, ID

My friends in Burns think its possible that the bird in Fairfield area is the same one seen near Lakeview.

Larry Arnold <larnold47@...>

Good Strategy Carter !!!     =)

I know this is a stretch ( for comparative purposes ), but our CO first state record Lawrence's Goldfinch disappeared for a few days, TWICE during its two-month stay in Grand Junction, visiting our thistle feeders, but it did keep returning...  the way we knew this was because many people from across the country were looking for this bird every day and were entering notes in our journal....  seems that our bird had settled into a daily schedule of sorts, so might this Crane?  Pls note, however, that was during breeding season for Carduelis species in western U.S..  Different deal here, but who knows?

FWIW,
LA