Topics

Anna's Hummingbird

Kerry Fitzharris

I had a female Anna's coming and going from my feeder for about two hours this morning here in the North End of Boise. Beautiful red-speckled patch on her throat. Lovely to watch her in this fall light!

Ceredig Roberts

Wonderful. Just had another visit of an Anna’s at our house in the Highlands this evening. Got some photos this time. Feeding on the Red Salvias And then checking out the feeders.

On Oct 18, 2020, at 6:04 PM, Kerry Fitzharris <birderfitz@...> wrote:

I had a female Anna's coming and going from my feeder for about two hours this morning here in the North End of Boise. Beautiful red-speckled patch on her throat. Lovely to watch her in this fall light!

cheryl huizinga

In Caldwell we still have 2 Anna’s coming to the  blooming Pineapple Sage plants and other salvia.  They don’t come to the feeder at all. I know the freezing temps will wipe out the flowers.  Got to figure out how to get them interested in the feeder.  If they do then have to get to heater on the feeder.  Oh such fun to have Anna’s hummingbirds!  Really!

Cheryl Huizinga in Caldwell

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: cheryl huizinga <bchuizinga@...>
Date: 10/22/20 11:11 AM (GMT-07:00)
To: IBLE@groups.io

[...]

Cheryl, I put up a heated feeder for my Anna’s last year in December when I learned that someone else about a block away had put one up with success. Several came to it throughout the winter until mid-February when they vanished without a goodbye :-)

Kerry Fitzharris
Boise (north end)

On Oct 22, 2020, at 12:00 PM, rattlesnake4873 <Rattlesnake4873@...> wrote:

[...]

I’ve had Anna’s in the past through the winter but they always came to the feeder so were Accustomed to that when flowers froze. My problem with these 2 this fall is they are not coming to feeder at all. I’ve used a heat lamp to keep feeder thawed in past and have it ready If/when those hummers figure out there is a feeder. Thanks for all the feedback.

Cheryl Huizinga
Caldwell, Idaho