Rain

Robert Kiernan

Birding in the rain hands free .take a long handled umbrella and fầirly snug fitting jacket take handle and insert behind neck in jacket  keeps you and binnocs dry

Elizabeth Medes

Great tip!  I'd been toying with how to keep the glasses dry while juggling the brellie.

Liz Medes
Emmett

Richard and Ann Rusnak

Great Idea, Mr. Bobolink Kiernan!
Rich

On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 9:23 AM Robert Kiernan <photobirder@...> wrote:
Birding in the rain hands free .take a long handled umbrella and fầirly snug fitting jacket take handle and insert behind neck in jacket  keeps you and binnocs dry

bike4birds

What is this “umbrella” of which you speak, Bob? I thought I was supposed to get wet when birding in the rain. Plus, wet binoculars allow you to see birds that aren’t really there. ;-)

Tom

Birding in the rain hands free .take a long handled umbrella and fầirly snug fitting jacket take handle and insert behind neck in jacket  keeps you and binnocs dry

Larry Arnold <larnold47@...>

love it Tom....  =)
altho I don't think of this as rain per se, it's just spitting over here on the west end...  many bird sp are discussing it this morning
i'm remembering a "loud hard tropical rain" while standing under a tin roof covered outbuilding watching hummers attempting to negotiate feeders   ;-)