Male Tufted Duck in canyon co

cheryl huizinga

Denise Hughes and I currently looking at a male Tufted Duck at Red Top Rd Ponds (ebird hotspot) in Canyon Co.
Closet spot to scope from is from Red Top Rd just west of intersection with Dixie River Rd. This big pond is not the Fish and Game pond but big pond just east of that pond.
Cheryl

Cheryl Huizinga
Caldwell, Idaho

Jon Barnett

Hello all – – I got caught in town with no binoculars or scope, but I am heading to red top ponds by faith that someone else will be out there with a scope!  If you are already there, or are on your way, I would love for you to call me and let me know 869-5164. Thanks so much! Jonathan Barnett from Horseshoe Bend

On Mar 10, 2017, at 9:51 AM, Cheryl Huizinga bchuizinga@... [ible] <ible-noreply@...> wrote:

Denise Hughes and I currently looking at a male Tufted Duck at Red Top Rd Ponds (ebird hotspot) in Canyon Co.
Closet spot to scope from is from Red Top Rd just west of intersection with Dixie River Rd. This big pond is not the Fish and Game pond but big pond just east of that pond.
Cheryl

Cheryl Huizinga
Caldwell, Idaho

Jon Barnett

Saw the bird!  Thx Cheryl, Debbie Teal, et all.  Thx Tim for calling me.  3 observers with 2 scopes still at the pond.

On Mar 10, 2017, at 3:53 PM, Jonathan jrb4jc@... [ible] <ible-noreply@...> wrote:

Hello all – – I got caught in town with no binoculars or scope, but I am heading to red top ponds by faith that someone else will be out there with a scope!  If you are already there, or are on your way, I would love for you to call me and let me know 869-5164. Thanks so much! Jonathan Barnett from Horseshoe Bend

On Mar 10, 2017, at 9:51 AM, Cheryl Huizinga bchuizinga@... [ible] <ible-noreply@...> wrote:

Denise Hughes and I currently looking at a male Tufted Duck at Red Top Rd Ponds (ebird hotspot) in Canyon Co.
Closet spot to scope from is from Red Top Rd just west of intersection with Dixie River Rd. This big pond is not the Fish and Game pond but big pond just east of that pond.
Cheryl

Cheryl Huizinga

Myself and two others “put it to bed” at dusk last night. Thanks Cheryl and Denise!
The Tufted duck seems to be moving mostly on the far bank with groups of scaup and ring necks. The tuft is quite obvious, the beak has virtually no markings except the tip, is paler and slightly smaller than say a ring neck.
Good Luck, lots of variety, a great all around location for ducks!
Cheers, Rich Rusnak

On Mar 10, 2017, at 5:38 PM, Jonathan jrb4jc@... [ible] <ible-noreply@...> wrote:

[...]

Larry Arnold <larnold47@...>

Cheryl, thank you for that extraordinary find!  Jason, thank you for calling us!

Difficult for us to stop watching, my best looks ever, lifer for Missy.   =)

Larry

W Boise