First of Season birds

bike4birds

My ride started out great when I found a flock of A. Robins, Downy Woodpeckers and Cedar Waxwings near 23rd and Brumback. There was a EC Dove present also, but I don’t really think he hangs out with the others. These weren’t first of season, but they made for a nice start.

When we got to the river we found our first Bald Eagle in quite a while, perched along the river near the downstream end of Veteran’s Pond.

And 2/3rds of the way from Silver Lake to the bridge to the island there was again a male Northern Pintail. This is the same location as last year. Hopefully he’ll stick around through the winter (to pad my numbers!).

Also, I heard a C. Raven in my neighborhood for the first time since last winter.

Tom McCabe, Boise

Richard and Ann Rusnak

IBLE, Yesterday on Boise green belt near the Eastern boundary of Eagle Island I had a great low flyby of 6 trumpeter swans(unlikely to be tundra's), headed N and low for a landing? Also saw 2 mature bald eagles in the vicinity. Great FOY day,
Rich Rusnak

On Nov 20, 2016, at 9:33 PM, 'Tom McCabe' tmccabe9@... [ible] <ible-noreply@...> wrote:

My ride started out great when I found a flock of A. Robins, Downy Woodpeckers and Cedar Waxwings near 23rd and Brumback. There was a EC Dove present also, but I don’t really think he hangs out with the others. These weren’t first of season, but they made for a nice start.

When we got to the river we found our first Bald Eagle in quite a while, perched along the river near the downstream end of Veteran’s Pond.

And 2/3rds of the way from Silver Lake to the bridge to the island there was again a male Northern Pintail. This is the same location as last year. Hopefully he’ll stick around through the winter (to pad my numbers!).

Also, I heard a C. Raven in my neighborhood for the first time since last winter.

Tom McCabe, Boise