Topics

Nester #'s 33 & 34 #'s

lcarrigan_55

I have two new nesters on the place this summer, bringing that total to 34. #33, I'm not sure I'm that excited about---guess I'll see over time. I found a fledged Eurasian Collared Dove in a front yard aspen. It is much more ungainly than the Mourning Dove fledglings. The other new nesting bird on the place, I found after a two day search, by watching a pair of Warbling Vireos foraging through our cottonwoods. Finally, I was able to follow one to a branch where it fed the young vireos. This was a surprise finding, as I've only found vireos on the place spring and fall.