Topics

Boise CBC prelim #'s

rowlandrl@...

"ible", RL here with some preliminaries from this past Saturday's CBC.
Weather was rather poor all day, it snowed continuously until late P.M. Temperature just at or slightly above freezing, bit of a breeze in open areas.
The Idaho Statesman has an article with photo in yesterday's (Sunday) newspaper on the count.
Anyway...
2007 we had 98 species.
This year, 2008, we had 81 on Count Day & so far two Count Week birds.
Some highlights (Numbers not yet completed as some Feeder Watchers have yet to report in plus I will go to Cornell's Project Feeder Watch page for others):

Snow Goose, "Blue" phase  (1)
Cackling Goose
Eurasian Wigeon  (1)
Cinnamon Teal
Peregrine Falcon (CW)  (1)
Killdeer  (3)
Herring Gull  (6)
Thayer's Gull  (3)
Anna's Hummingbird (two separate birds only one of which was seen Count Day)
Northern Shrike (CW)  (1)
"Eastern" Blue Jay  (1)
Townsend's Solitaire
American Pipit  (3)
Bohemian Waxwing  (2)
American Tree Sparrow  (2)
Snow Bunting  (1)
Yellow-headed Blackbird  (1)
Lesser Goldfinch  (1)

That's about it for now. Good Birding. RL><

Michael Wegand

R.L. did you have NOGO?

woke up Christmas morning with an adult female northern goshawk on Maureen's back fence hunting the quail...Foothill's East, Boise.

Michael Wiegand
Pearl, Idaho

208-859-3643-c
208-286-0506-h