Bird song recording equipment

M Gregory

When I stood along Mud Flat Rd. in Owyhee County on 22 June listening to a Yellow-billed Cuckoo vocalize (it is classic riparian habitat for the species), I wished to myself that I had a good, easy-to-use birdsong recording machine in my hands.
I did what I could with my mobile phone, but I sure would like a quality recording instrument. If anyone has a recommendation on what to acquire, I would appreciate it.
The last time I was focusing on birdsong recording, I had a portable cassette-tape recorder.
Thank you.
Alan Gregory in Mountain Home

--
Alan C Gregory